Get inspired with a new way to view our creative
As a creative shop, staying cutting edge when it comes to technology gives us just another excuse to retreat to our “creative playground.” Our newest creation? A dynamic website user experience built on with the latest web technologies, HTML 5 and CSS 3. The new website showcases our extensive portfolio while also sharing helpful resources through our blog and detailed information about our staff and full service capabilities.
For those who don’t speak code, HTML is a language used for structuring and programming websites behind the scenes so they can be easily read and used by viewers on the World Wide Web. CSS is the code that controls the graphics and colors displayed to website visitors. Since these languages are so widely used around the Internet, updating them with new features is a long and slow process. Fortunately many of these new features are available now on modern web browsers.
The previous version of HTML, HTML 4.01, was last updated in 2000! And yes, that means website design was confined to technology over a decade old, which is nearly a lifetime in the technology world. It’s more important than ever to use an updated web browser to take full advantage of what HTML 5 can offer! By exploring the depths of HTML 5, our creative minds can truly think outside the box to create custom solutions based on the ideal user experience.
The latest version, HTML 5 includes features that will change the way we experience websites, including:
- Reducing the need for external plugins (like Flash that doesn’t load on mobile platforms)
- Less frustration with errors and better error handling
- Advanced form fields that include validation without requiring extra programming
- Ability to build charts, graphs and interactive graphics with the new Canvas element
- Streamlined code for faster page loads and improved semantic structuring to help search engines with indexing content.
- Standardized support for video using the <video> tag
CSS is also getting an update with the march toward CSS 3. The new features will be more noticeable to the visitors than the update to HTML 5. Some of the new features include:
- Rounded corners
- Drop shadows
- Media queries (used to change layouts and styles based on mobile vs. desktop platforms)
The enhanced capabilities and features of HTML 5 and CSS 3 allowed us to present our creative and unmatched capabilities in a refreshing way, the perfect combination of sharing content the way our creative minds intended and organizing it in a way that makes the most sense to our visitors.
Just a few of abrightideaonline.com’s newest features and interactive capabilities:
- Responsive site design perfect for any screen size or tablet device
- Live social media feeds, including Facebook and Twitter
- Online portfolio with intricate search capabilities
- Interactive office tours