At A. Bright Idea, social media trends, statistics, best practices and innovative ideas are part of our daily operations, and staying on top of these industry changes prove crucial for our clients’ impact across multiple social media platforms. Social media serves as a free networking and outreach tool to build awareness and rapport with an audience. Businesses can build interest in their brands by posting relevant industry articles, news, events, photos, products and more – but how do you stay relevant and compete in this growing competitive environment? Social media offers the ability for businesses to segment and specifically target audiences with offers or messaging based on user profiles. If used strategically, social media provides the opportunity to elevate awareness, generate and sustain loyalty and reach new audiences.
Here are some quick, recent facts about social media:
- 72% of all internet users are now active on social media
- 89% of 18-29 year olds use social media
- On average, Americans spend 16 minutes per hour on social media
- 71% of users access social media from a mobile device
- One million websites are accessed using the “Login with Facebook”
- 23% of Facebook users login at least 5 times per day
- 47% of Americans say Facebook is their #1 influencer of purchases
With not only more social media platforms than ever, each social media outlet is changing every day, from the way you can advertise, to the layout of your brand’s page, to the best tips for engaging your audience. Keeping your social media active and fresh requires your due diligence, so here are some tips to engage your audience across many social platforms:
- Photos, photos, photos.
- Studies show posts get 85% higher engagement on Facebook and 35% more retweets.
- Utilize Facebook advertising, but target your audience, even just a little goes a long way
- Engage with other profiles and users, comment/reply to posts
- Ask questions, offer facts/tips and utilize contests or giveaways
- Repurpose content across platforms and website
- Show a brand personality
- Utilize your analytics data to capture audiences, posting times and more
A. Bright Idea’s expertise in social media continues to engage audiences for our clients, either through social media strategies implemented by our clients, or allowing A. Bright Idea to implement a strategy for you.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-836-7180 | 707-935-1377 for questions.