This position provides the opportunity to work with a high-profile, national government client on initiatives that impact public safety in our country. Working with a team of partners, the Strategic Communications Specialist will work directly with the client’s public affairs manager to create efficiencies and streamline efforts, with strategic partners to ensure brand and message consistency.
The Strategic Communications Specialist must be able to effectively plan, implement and evaluate a comprehensive change management process. Building rapport and educating key stakeholders on the data driving decisions for change will serve as a critical component to success. Working collaboratively with a data analyst, this person must possess excellent analytical skills, analyzing data and campaign results with an ability to observe patterns or anomalies in information to help drive strategy optimization. The Strategic Communications Specialist will identify specific key performance indicators to measure performance and determine return on investment (ROI) for the client.
Specific job responsibilities include development, management, implementation and evaluation of effective integrated strategic campaigns, presentation of recommended strategies, as well as management of fulfillment teams to execute effective and efficient content development and implementation. This person will also execute and regularly monitor campaign implementation and conduct in-the-moment optimization of campaign tactics based on analysis, as well as data reconciliation and reporting. The successful candidate will possess a strong ability to manage and optimize campaign performance to meet client goals.
An independent and critical thinker with a collaborative team spirit, the Strategic Communications Specialist possesses the ability to visualize the big picture and is passionate and articulate in crafting compelling recommendations to present to the client. Not only can this person conceptualize a high-level strategy, they can also manage the details of execution and implementation. This person has a strong desire to be part of a team, which includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and expertise. A member of our team at A. Bright Idea asks the right questions, of themselves, the team and our client, shares insights across teams, communicates constantly (early and often!), leads and engages with a positive attitude and shares the spotlight for a job well done.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of professional experience managing strategic communications resources with an emphasis in supporting government and public sector communications activities
- Bachelor’s degree in strategic communications, public relations, marketing or related field • Ability to obtain security clearance
- Work two (2) days/week on-site with client in Washington, D.C., and off-site three (3) days/week at the A. Bright Idea office in Bel Air
- Experience in strategic planning, audience identification, engagement and assessment with measurable impact
- Experience in working with multi-disciplined teams to execute integrated campaigns
- Proven ability to lead a team of subject matter experts while executing implementation
- Experience with conducting audience and buyer persona research and stakeholder mapping
- Experience analyzing data with accuracy for strategy development and adjustment
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects that cross various stakeholders with specific results and deadlines
- Experience working directly with clients, building consensus and rapport, and presenting strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Problem-solver and over-communicator with an exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate and cooperative team player with a strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet deadlines