A Social Media Specialist on our team understands how social media fits into the overall client marketing and communication strategy. This person is a forward-thinker, maintaining a pulse on emerging media techniques and technology to maximize client objectives. A social media specialist works with our team by asking probing questions and listens to overall objectives to support the development and management of effective integrated social media campaigns. In addition to social media expertise, the successful candidate will serve as project manager for a diverse set of client projects and campaigns. The project management role includes developing interpersonal relationships with clients, collaborating and managing the internal project team, seeing the process through the entire project lifecycle.
Using excellent analytical skills, this person analyzes data and campaign results with an ability to observe patterns or anomalies in information. Specific job responsibilities include development, management and implementation of effective integrated social media campaigns, presentation of recommended strategies and campaign evaluation. Regular monitoring of campaign implementation and in-the-moment optimization of campaign tactics based on analysis, as well as data reconciliation and reporting. Strong ability to manage and optimize campaign performance to meet client goals. Performs ongoing market and industry research to maintain knowledge of trends, social media channels, audience/consumer behavior and competitor research.
An independent and critical thinker with a collaborative team spirit, the Social Media Specialist possesses the ability to visualize the big picture and is passionate and articulate in crafting compelling recommendations to present to clients. This person has a strong desire to be part of a team, which includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and expertise. A member of our team at A. Bright Idea asks the right questions, of themselves, the team and our clients, shares insights across teams, communicates constantly (early and often!) with clients and colleagues, leads and engages with a positive attitude and shares the spotlight for a job well done. A true “Bright Light” for solving communication challenges, a Social Media Specialist at A. Bright Idea thrives in our fun, fast-paced, high volume, quick-on-your-feet, respectful-of-all-ideas environment.
- Experience: Minimum of 5-7 as a social media specialist or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communications, advertising, marketing or related field
- Excellent knowledge of all social media platforms and best practices, including paid and organic strategies
- Experience with conducting audience and buyer persona research
- Experience analyzing data with accuracy for strategy development and adjustment
- Demonstrated ability to develop social media strategy as part of an integrated campaign
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Experience working directly with clients and participating in client presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Problem-solver and over-communicator with an exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate and cooperative team player with a strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet deadlines