A Public Relations Specialist on our team understands how to provide thorough consultation to our clients to best meet their communication goals. This person develops relationships, asks the probing questions from a strategic lens, then applies strategy, working across teams, to develop practical and compelling solutions.
With a keen attention to detail, this person works with our team to ensure projects exceed expectations, on time and on budget. Specific job responsibilities include managing client project deliverables and teams from beginning to end. The Public Relations Specialist serves as the point of contact for client projects; has experience in strategic communications planning; understands the importance of research and using data to drive decision making, with the ability to provide thoughtful recommendations across a variety of communication disciplines including paid, earned, shared and owned (PESO) content types.
An independent and critical thinker with a collaborative team spirit, the Public Relations Specialist possesses the ability to visualize the big picture and helps guide our team, which includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and expertise, in integrating communication and marketing efforts to meet client and A. Bright Idea goals. A member of our team at A. Bright Idea asks the right questions, of themselves, the team and our clients, shares insights across teams, communicates constantly (early and often!) with clients and colleagues, leads and engages with a positive attitude and shares the spotlight for a job well done. A true “Bright Light” for solving communication challenges, a Public Relations Specialist at A. Bright Idea thrives in our fun, fast-paced, high volume, quick-on-your-feet, respectful-of-all-ideas environment.
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years public relations and project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing or related field
- Experience working directly with clients and participating in client presentations
- Experience defining communication goals for communication products, working with design teams, writing content and providing insights to appropriate visuals
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong writing skills and proficiency of established writing style guides, AP style, as well as strong proofreading skills
- Problem-solver and over-communicator with an exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate and cooperative team player with a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and web-based software programs