A Digital Media Planner/Buyer on our team understands how digital media fits into the overall client marketing/advertising strategy. This person is a forward-thinker, maintaining a pulse on digital advertising techniques and technology to maximize client objectives. A Digital Media Planner/Buyer works with our team by asking probing questions and listens to overall objectives to support the development and management of effective integrated media plans.
Using excellent analytical skills, this person analyzes data and campaign results with an ability to observe patterns or anomalies in information. This person has existing, and develops new, relationships with media partners, managing vendor RFPs, evaluating media opportunities for a range of clients from local placements to large-scale national campaigns. Specific job responsibilities include development and management of effective integrated media plans, presentation of recommended digital strategies and negotiation of costs. Regular monitoring of campaign implementation and in-the-moment optimization of campaign tactics based on analysis, as well as data reconciliation and reporting using tracking reports. Strong ability to manage and optimize campaign performance to meet client goals. Handles all digital media billing and invoice reconciliation. Management of campaign budgets as well as coordination and reporting with advertising team; maintaining project timelines and coordination with creative team on specs and design needs. Performs ongoing market and industry research to maintain knowledge of trends, medium/advertising channels, audience/consumer behavior and competitor research.
The Digital Media Planner/Buyer will define and track key campaign metrics and have an understanding of pixel placement and data passing. Experience working with ESP platforms while having relationships with internal and client vendors, as well as 3rd party ad servers for successful tracking. Experience with large data sets, pivot tables, Microsoft Excel and client dashboards. This team member will pull together key insights from large unformatted data sets and lead discussions about campaign tweaks or changes based on this data.
An independent and critical thinker with a collaborative team spirit, the Digital Media Planner/Buyer possesses the ability to visualize the big picture and is passionate and articulate in crafting compelling recommendations to present to clients. This person has a strong desire to be part of a team, which includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and expertise. A member of our team at A. Bright Idea asks the right questions, of themselves, the team and our clients, shares insights across teams, communicates constantly (early and often!) with clients and colleagues, leads and engages with a positive attitude and shares the spotlight for a job well done. A true “Bright Light” for solving communication challenges, a Digital Media Planner/Buyer at A. Bright Idea thrives in our fun, fast-paced, high volume, quick-on-your-feet, respectful-of-all-ideas environment.
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years online media planning, implementation and optimization
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communications, advertising, marketing or related field
- Experience in managing budgets, negotiating prices and analyzing data with accuracy for local, regional and national campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to develop digital advertising strategies to support/enhance integrated media campaigns
- Ability to foster strong relationships with media partners
- Experience working directly with clients and participating in client presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated strong mathematical and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solver and over-communicator with an exceptional attention to detail
- Passionate and cooperative team player with a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in digital media research/planning tools and web-based software programs