An award-winning, full service creative advertising agency with locations in Bel Air, Md. and Sonoma, Calif., A. Bright Idea generates creative and effective solutions to clients' communications needs through our core services of advertising, marketing, public relations, graphic design and interactive – for government, retail and nonprofit clients.
A. Bright Idea is always accepting resumes for potential positions. This fast-paced, high volume environment requires the ability to effectively deliver timely, creative, customized advertising and communications solutions for our diverse client base.
Sales and Marketing Professional
A. Bright Idea, an award-winning advertising and public relations firm is currently seeking an energetic sales and marketing professional to work out of our offices in Sonoma, California. This individual needs to have a minimum of three-to-five years sales and or client service experience, willing to work in a collaborative, creative environment and possess excellent relationships in and around Sonoma County. Someone with a direct understanding of the wine industry who also has relationships at this level is strongly preferred. We want to hear from you if you think you fit the above mentioned criteria and are interested in a career with a nationally recognized agency already turning heads in Northern California. This position includes a base salary and incentive based compensation plus full benefits like major medical, dental, vision and 401(k) plan.
Specializing in government service communication at A. Bright Idea means working across teams to promote our strong past performance in public affairs, graphic design, strategic communications, advertising, media management, tradeshow and event planning and multimedia services in support of local, state and federal government agencies. This position will provide full-time on-site communication support for internal marketing efforts in a collaborative and creative environment for a government client in Arlington, Va. An individual with project management experience and familiarity with working in a government environment is a plus.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of professional work experience in communications, involving writing and editing for the print and web media with 2 years of communication planning experience
- 4-year degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field; Master’s degree a plus
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Excellent knowledge of web and print-based marketing material
- Keen attention to detail, professional writing style, consistency, and ability to produce error-free communications
- Ability to draft and copyedit a wide range of communication materials, conveying technical or detailed information in a clear and accessible manner to a range of technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work with technical subject matter experts to revise content; performing copyediting for grammar, clarity, consistency, and adherence to client style preferences
- Ability to work with graphic designers; reviewing layout versions; and coordinating finalized edits for approval
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and deliver results under tight deadlines
- Experience with Web communications, HTML, and social media
- Detail-oriented focus and have the ability to work well both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to create Section 508 compliant PDF documents for the web
- Creativity in identifying mechanisms for publicizing information to internal and external audiences