From the classic chicken sandwich to the Eat Mor Chikin campaign, we all know and love the Chick-Fil-A brand. At a recent American Marketing Association Baltimore event, Dan Cathy, President and Chief Operating Officer of Chick-Fil-A, shared some insider tips from the company’s 42+ years of success and growth.
- As a business leader, you may not be comfortable on Twitter or social networking sites, but you must adapt if you’re going to be competitive
- There should always be a balance between remaining competitive and not forgetting your principles
- Example: Chick-Fil-A has not, and will never, go back on their Sunday closure. Even though they may loose more than 1/7 of revenues, they make up for it with valued customers, refreshed and energized employees and a better overall experience.
- Be realistic – there are always ways to improve
- There has to be internal change before successfully changing externally
- Honor, dignity and respect are in high demand and in short supply
- Make your brand about experience, it’s something everyone is looking for
Which tip is your favorite?